Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Paradox

So, i was unemployed for about 16 months. To start with i was looking for a job doing something that i might actually enjoy doing. You know, surely we all want or would rather, do a job that we like. After something like 4 months of fruitless searching i decided to get my SIA (Security Industry Authority) license renewed and add security to my job search as well.

Now, i hate doing security, with a passion, but it's the only job i have actual qualifications doing as well as years of experience. But i hate doing it.

During that 16 month period of unemployment i badgered on about not working, how i really wanted to get back to work, back to earning money and not having to rely on government hand outs every few weeks. Which makes it hard to complain about my new job. But...

I already mentioned that i hate doing security, but now having to stand up all day is killing my feet, knees, lower back, shoulders, so on top of hating my job i'm in constant pain while doing it.

My message to any security company types out there reading this. Making someone stand all day is fucked up, security or not, it's simply fucked up, but then what do you care, you're miles away sitting at your desk, and as long as you don't get any complaints from clients, you never talk or hear form us. Out of sight out of mind, right?

Oh but wait, you're thinking that if i'm in such discomfort i should probably contact you and let you know, yeah, right, i'm sure that'll work great. Hearing about someone not wanting to stand for 8 to 12 hours a day means nothing more then bitch bitch bitch stop complaining;
You then say, "So what do you want us to do about it?"

I say "move me to a site where i don't have to stand up all day going brain deaf"

You say, "but there isn't one"

I say "So what do i do now?"

You say "Well if you want to remain in work, you should just continue where you are for now and if something comes up we'll let you know"

And that other job doesn't come along, ever, you feed me bullshit for a few months;

"We might have a new contract coming up soon that'll suit you"

And every now and then you'll let me know that it could be a month or so away, wondering if that'll keep me interested "I'll have you on a new shift in 2 weeks, 4 maximum". Yeah, i've heard that before. And won't fall for it again. In my eyes your a manager, you nothing more then someone who wanted to tell me exactly what i want to know to keep me sweet, as long as you're 'communicating' with me i'll just stop complaining. But let me tell you this, the steel spikes in my heels will remind me every fucking day that i need to move.

But you know what, lying to me will only make me distrust you more then i already do, yes i distrust you, what, your a manager you're only interested in keeping your managers sweet not looking after your employees. On top of that you're paranoid, all security managers are paranoid by definition, which also makes my balls itch.



So, if you're reading this and i work for you, then remember, you can't fire me for expressing an opinion. But i'm sure later on you will, for something else...


Yep, as a blogger and a guy with opinions that's the risk i take.



Oh, one more thing, the below quote is from Star Trek The Next Generation (Best of Both Worlds part 1)

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service. Us."

Now, think of 'Locutus' as a company manager, and 'Borg' as the company. You're the company, and you say these words to every employee, except that message is hidden in the contract, a deceptive word puzzle we'd have to be a cytologist with several weeks and a super computer to decode. You give us inexplicable hours that rape us of a life outside of work, 12 hour days, are you fucking kidding, we have at least an hours travel to and from, that's 14 hours, plus the hour wake up before the travel, that's 15 hours, if we want a good nights sleep, that's 8 hours, making it a total of 23 hours, daily. That only gives us 1 hour, a few more if you don't mind losing sleep. People, work shouldn't be like this, this is why free thinkers, people with creative tendencies and people who like being social hate doing security, 'cause security robs you of everything worth having and living for. Security becomes your life, and your manager, that's you guys, expect nothing less than our fucking souls. When we sign that contract, it truly is faust. I mean you might as well type at the top;

YOUR LIFE IS NOW OVER, YOU WORK FOR US NOW, YOU LIVE FOR US NOW, GET USED TO IT, GET USED TO NOT SEEING YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN, TO NEVER HAVING THE TIME TO EXERCISE, TO GAINING WEIGHT INEXPLICABLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO EAT QUICKLY TO SAVE TIME SO YOU WELL SURRENDER TO FAST FOOD, TO YOUR BRAIN SHRINKING AND YOUR PAY BEING SHIT ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU HERE. HA. HA. HA. LOSER.



No job should ruin a persons life. We shouldn't have to live for work. Work should be something we enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment