Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Monday 23 January 2012

The bullshit we weave.

I'm not to sure where to start with all this.

I was unemployed for nearly 16 months, then based on one interview i was hired by a security firm. I was happy, i was sent to a decent site, and apart from the 12 to 13 hours of "Stand Up" it was a good job. I was able to chat/talk with the restaurant staff who were all nice people, sure it was long hours but it was only 4 days, then i'd get 4 days off. Time for my feet to recover. Well i made a video and posted it to youtube saying how much i liked this job and how grateful i was at finally getting back to work, i mentioned the name of the site, and then they found out about the video and watched it, my security firm also found out and watched it. I was then sacked because of it. Well, that's what i understood anyway, I asked for an eMail with the details of my dismissal, as i was a little confused about it, but that eMail never came, and so i gave up on that. I was fired at the start of December.

In early Jan i received a call from another security firm, a firm that had called me twice before, the first time i couldn't go because i had an appointment at a Work Program and didn't want to miss it. The second time they called i was having an interview with the other security firm (above), i was told that the next group interview would be in Jan. They called and i accepted. I had that interview on a Monday, that Wednesday i had an induction, the next Wednesday i started my first shift. It's another good site with great people and the work is easy enough if your on the ball. But again the only bad thing about it is the standing up. Sure this time is only for 8 hours, i get two 30 minute breaks, making it a 9 hour work day. But having said that it wasn't as bad today as it was on Saturday.

Now, there is more to this blog. A lot more. Not about what i've already written about. This is something new, something different. But i can't write it and post it online in public. Because if it was read by the "Wrong" person i'm sure i'd be in the shit again. Because we live in a world where you can't express your dreams and desires if they differ from those of your current employer. They start to think that your mind isn't in the job, that you do not love what you do and therefore shouldn't be doing it because you're basically no good. Fact is, that's all bullshit, i do the best i can not because i love the work or care for the site. I do the best i can because that's what i'm being paid for. And we do live in a world where money is everything, in business anyway.

If you who are reading this are from my security firm or from my new site, believe me when i say, so long as you pay me to do the job. The job will get done to the best of my ability.

But no amount of money will stop my feet from hurting, will it.

But, you must know, my passion isn't in security, i mean how could anyone have a passion for security, weather it's corporate or retail. My passion, my real passion, is film making and writing. And, as it stands, i no longer get the time to do either. And that makes me sad. I gave up my passion because i needed a job, an income, to beat the jaws of the rabid dogs away, the dogs that work for my credit card company. And no, one day off a week isn't enough to have a life, you feel like all you do is work, work work, and no one should work their life away and no one should tell them to. Corporations are the new slave traders, the difference is, we let them, we sign a form saying they can give us more then 48 hours of work. Thing is, if you don't sign it you're no good to the security firm, and therefore would most likely not get any work. Catch 22, right? Don't sign, don't get the work. Sign it and you lose your life to work. "I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service. Us."

I only wish i was kidding. But that is what it feels like sometimes. Like signing that contract is you signing over you right to your own life.

Okay i'm being melodramatic now. But i was on a roll... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment