Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Is it vain to go to a Gym. 750 Words Tuesday, 26 July 2011.



I think there for i ummmmm, What?
Right so I have nothing, so what I’m going to do is have a shower, then, even though its not sunny or even that warm outside, I’ll going to go for a walk, and see if anything happens or weather I think abut anything I can fill these pages with. I say pages this usually only fills up about one page a paragraph.
Be back later.
So I got out of the shower and it looked like it was going to rain, but I still want out, good thing to because the sun came out as I walked, and i found something to write about.
Is it vain to go to the Gym?
I guess the only experience I have in this is my own, so I’ll talk about that.
In January of this year (2011) I saw myself in the mirror, again and again I wasn’t very happy with what I was looking at, skinny arms and a fat belly, so I made the decision to get fit, again. I’ve made that decision a lot and never followed through with it, not once and this time was no different. I downloaded an app called Couch the 5K, the idea is you run/walk three times a week, the App tells you when to run and when to walk, I think its called interval training, the run would last for about 20 minutes and by the end of 9 weeks you should be able to run for 30 minutes straight. So anyway, the first week showed me how unfit I actually was at that time, as I started my lower back was killing me which made the run painful, the second week was ok but after only two runs I got sick, I could the shits from my nephew. Not fun. After that I found it hard to get back into it, and so stopped. It was around that time a friend I hadn’t seen in nearly a year popped by for a chat.
So me and Lee talked for a few hours, the last time I saw him he was fat, this time, not so much. Built like a brick shit house comes to mind. Anyway he offered to train me. I said I’d think about it and let him know. At that moment I wasn’t all that bothered, having just quit the running thing. But a few hours later I was sitting thinking about it and thought to myself, “why the fuck ain’t I doing it” so I called Lee and asked if we can start on Monday. We did.
And that was in March sometime. I wanted to start going to a Gym to build muscle and loose fat and get fit, and in the beginning thats all I really cared about, I just wanted to be able to look at myself in the mirror and like what I see. But now, after 4 months, I’ve lost a lot of belly fat and gained 23lbs in weight, all muscles, I’m now the heaviest I’ve ever been, in English I’m 14stone. But when I started to look at myself in the mirror at the gym, after a workout when I’m all pumped up I realised that now, its not so much about getting fit, I mean its still about that but its not only about that. Now I want to look good, I want a physique that will turn heads, women’s heads of course.
So for me, I started going to the Gym because I wanted to get fit, healthy, and gain a little muscle mass so my arms wouldn’t look skinny. Now you can add vanity to that.

I think that most people join a Gym because they want to get fit and healthy, but I think that after a while, as they start to make progress, lose a little fat and gain a little muscle, it changes, and now they want to get a better physique and because of that they might even work harder at it, I know I do. I sweat my nuts off.

So any who. Thats just my thoughts on vanity and the gym. A friend of mine thinks that everybody who goes to the gym does it out of vanity, and that there really is no other reason, like getting fit is just the excuse. I think he wrong, sure some people do it purely out of vanity, but not everyone, some actually want to get fit. He also thinks that if we’re supposed to have big muscles and be super fit, we already would be. But then he thinks that if we were meant to go into the Ocean we’d have gills and if we were meant to fly, we’d have wings. He lives his life very literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment