Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Friday 29 July 2011

750 Words Thursday, 28 July 2011

Yesterday it slipped my mind and I didn’t write anything, I was distracted by shiny things and Comedy Central, sorry. But I didn’t leave my 750 words unentered, so I wrote out and paragraph and copy and pasted it until I reached the 750 minimum. Yes I cheated and however yo think of me right now I must also tell you that because I entered it late I missed yesterdays post and it was added as todays instead.
If your reading this  on 750words.com that the likely hood is that I rewrite the whole damn thing.
And so on I go, into yet another crap filled blog.
I have decided to read two blogs written by writers for writers. Terribleminds.com and  scriptmag.com, I understand they write gooder then me. Well thats not exactly difficult now is it, but I try to remain optimistic, and hopeful that one day I shall write betterer then I do now.
Just so you don’t think I’m a complete moron those spelling mistakes were on purpose.
Any way, I’m way off the 750 words I need. And I have nothing, again. This daily writing thing is more difficult then making daily vlogs, at least then I could just start recording babble shit for 2 minutes then stop upload it and forget all about it. Honestly I can never usually remember what I vlog about, and because of that I sometimes have problems naming them, and I don’t want to watch it, I mean they are kinda shit.
Way to be optimistic they dude.
Actually its hard for me to be so optimistic about anything, my life is pretty pathetic. And before you go on about homeless people or children in Africa, I’m well aware that my life could be a lot worse, but I’m not them am I and I won’t apologize for thinking that my life sucks, so if you at this point and thinking “Dude, shut up” I’d suggest you fuck off right now and don’t bother reading the rest of this blog or whatever its supposed to be, just leave your comment, or not, and fuck off I don’t need your righteous bullshit.
Of course the only person on this earth who can change things for me is an uneducated lazy, would rather sit watching the television instead of working on all these writing projects he’s so quick to tell people about, good for nothing, who would spend a night shift at work watching online television instead of writing something. Yes, I’m talking about me. You see why I call myself pathetic, I can diagnose whats wrong with me. I’m lazy and pay way to much time to the television then I do the things that I’m supposedly passionate about.
I what to be a writer, but I don’t write. I want to be a film maker, yet I don’t make films. And for all this I come up with excuse after excuse as to why I’m not doing either. Fact is, I’m not focused or dedicated enough to my own future to do it, I’d rather coast through life lets other make decisions for me so I don’t have to.
About the only place I’m good at making decisions is when I’m at work, once I get to know the people I’m working with, what they can do and what they can’t do or struggle with, once I’m familiar with the building layout and I know where everything is, I’m great at my job. Because I do it everyday, and with repetition brings work experience, and the more I get the more comfortable I get. But why am I so good at that.
I have to go to work, right, I have to do my job, right. If I don’t I don’t get paid, I see it as They’ve hired me to do a job and I’ll do that job as best I can, improving where I need to improve. And so, the longer I’m there the better at it I become.
You see thats pretty much the same for everyone, right, I’m not at all saying that I’m unique. But I don’t need passion and focus to do a great job at work, I just see it as honoring a contract, ‘As long as I work here, you’ll get me best’
So why can’t I do that with my writing?
I guess I don’t see it as anything other then me hitting a keyboard like a trained monkey, if I hit it long enough, at some point I’ll write Shakespeare.
I know that I can do it, I might not be very good at it right now, but if I do it long enough and on a daily basis I might start to improve, right. I guess thats why I started doing this 750 words thing, I just wanted something to write each day that didn’t have a narrative, something I can just write as my mind opens up.

No comments:

Post a Comment