Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Thursday 7 July 2011

750 Words Thursday, 7 July 2011

So, last night I was in iTunes and saw that they were selling ‘The 50 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music’, right now,as I type this out I’m listening to it, ‘Adagio for Strings’ to be more exact, performed by David Parry & London Philharmonic Orchestra. Now I must make this clear, I’m 34 years old and mostly listen to Rock/Punk/Metal music, I love a good loud fast rock track. But every now and then I like to listen to some of my favorite movie soundtracks, so I figured that, seeing as movie soundtracks are basically classical music, why not listen to some real, classical music. So I bought it and after listening to be briefly last night before I turned in, I moved 12 of the 50 pieces into a Classical playlist and, thats what I’m listening to right now.
Oddly the pieces that most stood out to me are the ones I’ve heard in the movies, yeah I know right, thats just how my mind works I guess. ‘Adagio for Strings - Platoon 1984’.
Ok, ‘Nocturne No. 2 In E-Flat Major, Op. 9’ just started, but even though it sounds familiar I can’t quiet figure out where I’ve heard it before, I just know I have. Is it weird that a 34 years old head banger is listening to classical music? I think not. I do have the volume up as loud as it’ll go *smiley face*.
“And now for something completely different”
I have been thinking for some time about getting ‘A’ new tattoo, but over the last few weeks my mind has changed as to what and how big. I have a tribal tattoo on the left side of my back, which isn’t finished, its pretty big but I had plans for it and I mean to see them through, big as I now have this new feel for what tattoos I want, I find myself discovering the ‘Suicide Girls’ (Google it) basically hot chicks with tattoos.
I love Wolves and Crows, so as I have a tribal on my left side I’ll continue with that on my left side, running it down my arm, and making it a little visible on the front, having it run slightly over my shoulder so you can see it running over my left collar bone. Around my left ribs, which really effing hurts by the way, then down my back to my waist and running around the front following the muscle line, you’ll be able to see it at three points from the front as it covers most of the left side of my back, also it’ll be running down my left arm, not sure how far yet.
‘The Planets, Op. 32: Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity’ just started up.
On the right side, I already have a smaller Dragon tattoo, which I guess will get covered up, on the right upper pectoral/shoulder I want a crow hunting, on my right upper shoulder blade a Wolf. On my shoulder where the Dragon  tattoo is, I what one that says ‘I *Heart* SuicideGirls’, the ‘I’ on top the a heart with the SuicideGirls Logo in it, and underneath SuicideGirls. And then running down the rest of my arm, again about as far as the tribal on my left side, to keep me even, actually I haven’t figured that part out yet.
Is it weird that a 34 year old head banger spends the first part of this 750 words exercise talking about Classical music and the rest describing his tattoos? Well then I guess I’m weird *Smiley face*.
‘Suite Bergamasque, L 75: Clair de Lune’ Just started
This one I now where I heard, the new Ocean’s Eleven movies, I always loved it and have tried, in vain, to find out what it was, I even used the ‘Shazam’ app on my iPhone to no avail, but last night as I was running through the pieces I came across this one and lit up, a smile broke my face and I thought “About fucking time, finally I have it, Cool” it gets good about 1:58 in. Thats the part I love to hear in the movie.
‘Symphony No. 9 In E Minor, Op. 95, "From the New World": II. Largo’ just kicked off.
Its very ‘Lord of the Rings’ I keep thinking about The Shire when I hear this, or butter, I’m pretty sure this was in a butter advert when I was a kid.
One of these pieces gave me a Youtube video idea last night, the pieces is ‘Cavatine’ and if you don’t know what that is, even though I’m pretty sure you have heard it, its in the soundtrack from ‘The Deer hunter’ and it gave me a Deer hunter video idea. Yes this is how my mind works. Maybe tomorrow I’ll delight you all with my feelings on what I lovingly call ‘Tier One Youtubers’ and i may name names, just so were all clear, until then have a great day.
Well looky looky, I broke 750 again.
And I go out with ‘Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral": Ode an Die Freude’ as heard in ‘Die Hard’
*Smiley Face*

No comments:

Post a Comment