Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

More procrastinating.... Sorry.

Where to start?

I guess I'll start by saying that I'll try not to moan and complain to much, but yes his is another blog about me and work. As you may or may not know I work in security, more specifically, retail security and I've been doing that for about 3 weeks and I'm hating every minute of it. The standing the travelling the working six days a week yea I hate it all, you might now be asking yourself "then why are you doing it?" and the answer is simple, it's all I'm really trained for.

What I want is a job where I can work all day, arrive and have a set amount of work to get done by the end of the day, over the last few weeks I've looked into a few jobs that I'd much rather do, window cleaning and bicycle service and repair, two jobs that have a set daily work load with maybe a little extra, but these are two jobs that I know I can do, window cleaning doesn't take a lot of training and bicycle mechanic is something I loved doing, I loved repairing and servicing my own bike, I even built my own bike.

The thing is now-a-days employers want people with experience, usually around the 2 year mark. I haven't done that for either and sending in a CV that's all security is kinda pointless I think. I'd really like to leave the security game behind to find some other, more active, job that I can be happy doing.

Right now I'm waking up at 7 - 7:20am and I get home around 8:30pm. Just anther reason I hate commuting into London, is it to much to ask that I work closer to home? And working 6 days a week, from 9:45 till 18:45, but I don't get out much before 19:20 most days. 70 - 80 minutes of travelling (home) is a nightmare as my feet don't fully recover from the day before. Come Sunday (my day off) my feet hurt and I don't want to do anything except relax them, which kind of makes it feel like a waste of a day, then on Monday morning it just feels like a dream. At 9 on Sunday night I start getting depressed which carries right through to Monday and once that subsides the boredom sets in and I have to watch a bunch of self important wankers spend ridicules money on silly shoes.

I just want a normal job where I can work all day and not spend my time standing around watching people buy shoes, or clock watching waiting for my watch to say 18:30 so I can lock the door and then sit around waiting for the shop staff to get their shit together so i can leave. At least they get 2 days off a week.

Not sure how much longer I can keep this up, I'm just taking it one day at a time. Training costs money and I need to get my drivers license, but I no longer have the time for any of this. I feel trapped in an endless loop. I do security because I have to, not because I want to.

Now, I was unemployed for 16 months so finally getting work is a good thing, which is the only reason I haven't walked out. I actually need this job, well I need it far more than it needs me. Because I don't want to be unemployed again.

You ever felt worthless? Only able to carry out a mundane job with no prospects. To be in an endless loop. Also, I feel inspired to write now. Unless of course I'm just bitching about something, which isn't what I want to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment