Fisk Film on Youtube and Twitter. Fiskyjay on Youtube and Twitter.

Sunday 5 June 2011

No Idea...

I'm on no particular path because i have no particular direction in my life, i'm 33 and have no idea what i want. I know that i do not want what most people i know have, A job that is adequate a mortgage a wife and kids. To then spend the rest of their youth paying off that mortgage.

I'm 33, i'll be 34 in a few months and i have nothing to show for my life, not a thing. Could things be worse, sure they could, i have a roof over my head, its not mine, but its a roof.

I guess, that i want to be a writer, weather it be a screenplay or novel, i like the idea of writing for a living, not that this blog is anything to go by, its not very interesting or eloquent it just is.

My problem with writing is, that i'm not very consistent, i have good days and bad day, sometimes i can write pretty good other times, not so much. This is nothing however to the fact that i'm a very lazy writer. Thats one of the reasons i have this blog, and others. Its to help me get into the habit of writing regularly. Not to mention my terrible typing skills, as i write this i'm constantly having to go back over what i've typed to make sure that i haven't screwed up some where, not spelling or grammar, although they are problems, but mostly my "Quick to hit spacebar thumbs" this usually happens when i type 'The' before i get to the 'E' i hit spacebar so the 'E' is dislocated from 'The' and transplanted to the following word. Its irritating but something that i've been unable to prevent. For the last few years anyway. But i keep at it, every now and then i go through a writing frenzy, i'll write a few blogs each day and maybe get a chapter done in my book (A Star Trek Spy Thriller).

I love reading Robert Ludlum novels, and as i have over 30 script ideas, i've thought about writing them up as novels rather then as screenplays, not sure why i guess i like the idea of being Published more then the idea of selling a script. But then, why can't i do both.

Another thing i do is spend far to much watching television and using the internet, Social Networks will make most humans lazy "fucktards", spending all their free time online, using Facebook or Twitter or Youtube or Dailybooth to communicate with others, mostly people they've never met. I should know, i've been doing it for nearly 3 years, and its honestly done nothing but take up time.

To be a writer, i need to watch less TV and use Social Networks less. I sometimes sit at my Mac refreshing my web browser over and over again, and at the same time i have the TV on. All thats missing is the microwaved TV dinner. Yup, my life is a dream most men desire.

I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment